Many people think estate planning is only for the wealthy; the “rich and famous” people you see on television or read about in the newspaper. The fact is that every family can benefit from having its own estate plan.
Without a plan, the government will control how your assets are distributed after you pass away. Of course, the government is not concerned about minimizing your taxes, savings on estate settlement costs, or making sure your wishes are carried out. Having a plan of your own allows you to control who you choose to make healthcare and financial decisions if you become incapacitated or in an end-of-life situation.
Depending on your particular needs, the plan we design and implement for you can accomplish all of the following goals and more:
- Maintain control of your property while you are alive, and distribute your property to whom you want and in the manner you want.
- Take care of you, your spouse, and your family if you become incapacitated
- Protect your heirs from losing their inheritance if they divorce, remarry, or fall under the influence of predators
- Make sure your heirs are mature enough to handle a large inheritance on their own, and if they are not, protect their inheritance until they are ready
- Prevent family conflict after your death
- Ensure your legacy and lasting impact on society
The tools and strategies we can put to use to accomplish your goals include Wills, Trusts, Guardianships and Conservatorships, Advanced Health Care Directives, Financial Powers of Attorney, HIPAA Authorizations, and more.
Remember: The earlier you contact us and begin to plan for your future, the more options we will have to protect everyone you love and everything you own.